12/2/10

KILLER COCOA Revised Again

I've posted before about killer cocoa, back in November of 2008 when my blog was a young venture.
I feel its worth mentioning again.

The story behind killer cocoa is that my friend Win and I used to study together for almost every test throughout high school. Really, don't know if I'd be standing here today if I didn't have Win as a study buddy. We were quite a team. Her motto was : JUST MEMORIZE IT. Simple and to the point. Funnily enough we are both nurses now. We did not go to the same nursing school but I can only imagine how awesome it would have been if we had. I might have graduated summa cum laude.

So what does this have to do with killer cocoa?

Well.....Killer Cocoa was our study break treat of choice during the winter months. The way we made it was 1 packet of hot chocolate mixed in water, topped with whip cream, a candy cane, and chocolate shavings.


I have since revised the killer cocoa "recipe" and it goes a little something like this....
*Note: it is not exactly the same recipe as I posted back in 2008. I've made some revisions again.

I call it 'killer cocoa revised again.'

1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon Hershey's cocoa powder
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup milk

On the stove top, heat water on medium heat. Stir in cocoa powder and sugar; allow to dissolve thoroughly. Then turn down heat a little. Add milk and warm to desired temperature. Ladle into your favorite mug.

If you'd rather, you could do a similar process in the microwave.


Top with marshmallows or whip cream. Stick a candy cane in it. This recipe makes 1 cup of killer cocoa. Double, triple or quadruple if you want more!

You will die its SO good, hence the name killer cocoa.

2 comments:

  1. I love the mug! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SB! This is just what I needed. I'm enjoying a cup right now. I've always had trouble with getting real cocoa to dissolve properly. But heating it with the water solves that problem. Now off to buy some marshmallows and/or cream to take it to the killer level! Hope you and the Stephens are having a relaxing Saturday. ~Ellie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...