- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) jar pimentos
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6-ounce) box long-grain wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
- Pinch salt
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat butter or oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
Add all remaining ingredients to bowl and mix together until thoroughly combined.
Pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
*Note: I did not saute my onion. To me it was one more step and one more dish to dirty. Throw it in the casserole, it will cook fine.
Serve with a yummy salad.
Toasted salted pecans
Dressing: Equal parts store bough Poppy Seed and Raspberry Hazelnut vinaigrette mixed.
I know, I know. Sometimes I revert to my old ways and buy store bought dressing.