6/28/10

Stuffed Peppers

My cousin gave me this recipe for stuffed peppers. They are lovely to look at and even more lovely to eat!

Ingredients (modified to the portions I made) :

3 red bell peppers cut in half down the center, stem, core and seeds removed
3/4 cups dry rice cooked
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 can diced tomatoes drained
1 can Rotel tomatoes drained
1/2 medium sweet onion diced
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1-2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper


Instructions: Dice onion and saute in a little vegetable oil on medium heat, when tender add ground beef, then minced garlic when ground beef is browned. Drain.

To ground beef mixture add cooked rice, tomatoes, Rotel, cheese, salt, and pepper.

Bring large pot of water to a boil and boil peppers for 5-7 minutes, enough time to wilt. Remove peppers from boiling water and place in a 9 X 13 dish.

Fill peppers with stuffing.

Bake on 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes.


Here is my cousin's original recipe card.


I modified and scaled back on most ingredients to make less. I started with only 3 red bell peppers instead of 6. I cooked 3/4 cup of dry rice, and used less ground beef. There is some flexibility in this recipe as far as how much stuffing you want to make.


For the side: Caesar salad

Romaine lettuce
Caesar croutons
Store bought Caesar dressing (I made an exception to my salad dressing resolution)
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Black pepper

1 comment:

  1. I also have a wonderful recipe for stuffed bell peppers! I can't make them too often b/c they're so expensive!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...